Community Support Associate: Part-Time and Bilingual, Immigration Advocates Network
The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN) creates tools, builds platforms for others, and works with partners to harness the power of technology and collective action for immigrants and their advocates. It is a project of Pro Bono Net.
The Immigration Advocates Network is recruiting for a part-time, bilingual Community Support Associate to help the people and partners who use our online tools. This is a 20 hour per week position, with potential for full-time work and growth within the organization. It is based in New York City. To learn more about our work visit https://www.immigrationadvocates.org/projects. This is a part-time, 20 hour per week position, without benefits, for $20 / hour. Ideal for people who need flexibility within the business day.
- Support people in English and Spanish using www.citizenshipworks.org and other online tools.
- Connect people to the legal information and help they need.
- Manage communication with people and partners on how to use our online tools and solve problems.
- Understand user needs, watch for trends, and proactively support site users and partners to foster a positive community experience.
- Work with colleagues to improve our online tools for a better "user" or customer experience.
- Undergraduate studies or relevant training or experience.
- Spanish language skills (spoken and written).
- A high level of comfort with technology and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, to work effectively and empathetically with people who have a range of technological expertise.
- Previous experience in customer relations or product support is helpful.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Community Support Associate" in the subject heading.