Remote Meeting Facilitator, Just Futures Law
Just Futures Law (JFL) is an innovative legal organization that defends and builds the power of immigrants’ rights and criminal justice activists, organizers, and base building community groups working to disrupt and dismantle our deportation and mass incarceration systems. This fall, JFL will launch a unique, online fellowship program: Take Back Tech, with partnering organization Mijente. Fellows will work on projects to investigate and combat surveillance technologies that accelerate the criminalization and deportation of Black and Brown people.
JFL seeks to hire an experienced remote meeting facilitator who will engage participants in a series of 4-5 online meetings of 90 minutes each for a digital fellowship program for immigrants’ rights. The program will run approximately September 2020 to June 2021.
- Consult closely with the fellowship’s directing attorney, program coordinator, and session trainers, on session design and scheduling;
- For each online meeting, create and circulate written plan with detailed timing and agenda for the online sessions, approximately 1 week in advance of the session date;
- Attend and facilitate each online session, including an evaluation component.
- Provide written feedback to JFL after each session.
- Small-group and large-group facilitation skills;
- Familiarity with principles of community organizing;
- Experience with public interest lawyers;
- Racial justice and social justice skills frameworks;
- Skilled navigator and user of online meeting technology.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter, resume, and proposal in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.