Housing Paralegal, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County (NLSLA)
Join the Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County (NLSLA) and become part of an energetic team of advocates that provide a wide-range of legal services aimed to address issues that disproportionately impact the poor. These services include litigation, providing training and technical assistance, and community education
The Housing Paralegal will be an integral part of a dynamic team of housing advocates that work on several innovative housing initiatives created to examine the impact of legal services on individuals, the court and the community in the Unlawful Detainer system.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with housing attorneys to provide advocacy and litigation support including conducting client interviews and maintain calendar of appointments, draft legal documents and assist with court filings
- Maintain client files and important documents, ensuring regular communication with clients
- Perform general clerical duties, including routing inter-office mail, scheduling meetings and conference calls, as well as other duties as assigned
- Experience working with low-income individuals and families preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Qualified candidates must have one of the following: (1.) paralegal certificate, (2.) B.A. or B.S. degree with one (1) year experience working in a law office or other legal setting under the supervision of a licensed attorney or (3)
- High School degree with 3 years’ experience working in a law office or other legal setting under the supervision of a licensed attorney with a letter certifying the experience
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Elizabeth Brown, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.