Staff Attorney, Franklin County Legal Services
Franklin County Legal Services (“FCLS”) is a charitable, nonprofit agency located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. FCLS was founded in 2002. Our mission is to provide access to legal representation, advice, and education to low-income individuals with civil legal problems. Services are provided free of charge to the recipients of the services. Our work provides access to justice and helps meet basic human needs through the provision of civil legal services.
FCLS is seeking applicants for a full-time Attorney position. Funding for the position is guaranteed for twelve (12) months with the possibility of extension.
- Provide civil legal services to indigent clients
- Access to help for all types of civil legal problems is provided with our primary in-house practice areas focusing on the greatest needs of immigration, landlord/tenant, and family law
- Participate in regular screening/advice sessions for potential clients and know-your-rights presentations. Position may involve remote work and travel
- Graduate of an ABA accredited law school
- Admission to the Pennsylvania Bar preferred
- Will consider attorneys licensed in another state and law school graduates
- Experience in Pennsylvania Family Law, Landlord/Tenant matters, or Immigration Law preferred as well as experience working with detained individuals
- Ability to work independently and travel to meet with clients
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Strong commitment to public interest law
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, submit resume and cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to Gloria Keener, Executive Director. Subject Line: Attorney Position.