Vice President of Immigration Services, St. Francis Cabrini Center for Immigration Legal Assistance
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
The Vice President is responsible for the leadership, programmatic and fiscal oversight for a 75+ person group performing immigration and legal services for children, individuals, and families. The Cabrini Center operates much like a medium-sized law firm, comprised of attorneys, accredited representatives, paralegals, and clerks. The Vice President ensures the mission-focused development of all program services through strategic planning and measurable impact. The Vice President is responsible for continuing a positive culture within the program and for supporting Catholic Social Teaching.
- You have a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited law school
- You have strong leadership and supervisory skills with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position.
- You have experience managing government contracts.
- You have experience developing and managing budgets.
- You are able to work well with colleagues on the senior team and to promote collaboration between the Cabrini Center and Central Administration.
- You are able to cultivate strong mission-focused teams
- You care energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards, an appropriate professional image and a lead-by-example style that promotes a positive, team-based environment
- You have the ability to work with diverse populations in collaborative situations.
- You are able to develop and strategically implement new program initiatives.
- You have knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching.
- You have the ability to work in a faith-based setting.
- You have the ability to secure and maintain government and foundation contracts.
- You have strong organizational skills, ability to manage a large program with a diverse caseload and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- You have excellent management skills.
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent legal research and writing skills.
- You have demonstrated community outreach and public speaking skills, including the ability to work with the media.
- You have demonstrated experience in client advocacy and litigation, experience in federal practice highly desirable.
- You have experience supervising legal staff.
- You have knowledge of immigration law and practice
- You will set vision, leadership, and quality performance standards for the St. Francis Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance
- You will collaborate with Catholic Charities central administration and members of the Senior Team to promote unity with the agency’s mission, vision, and strategy
- You will work with program directors and supervisors to develop strategies and budgetary planning for meeting client needs, programmatic and funding goals
- You will form relationships with state, federal, faith-based, and non-profit organizations for community welfare. Maintains strong relationships and routinely identifies new opportunities for collaboration and partnerships
- You will supervise and develop staff, build committed, dedicated, quality teams of employees at assigned program locations
- You will direct, organize, and coordinate the functions of the department. Works closely with staff and other Catholic Charities departments in the areas of administration, data collection, program quality, innovation, and new program initiatives
- You will develop and ensure implementation of policies and procedures for departmental functioning
- You will be responsible for development of programmatic standards, and ensuring compliance with contract objectives, funder standards and reimbursement criteria
- You will oversee timely and accurate completion of internal and external reports, quality activity reporting and accreditation standard submission and compliance
- You will communicate as a regular senior team member and work closely with all other agency departments
- You will work with Fund Development team and program administration to develop fundraising strategies, grant proposals, and marketing and external communication strategy
- You will work with accounting to achieve budget compliance and maximize reimbursements
- You will work with Human Resources to develop staff development and cultural initiatives
- You will perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, or for more information, click here.