Program Manager - Immigration Legal Services, World Relief Triad
Since 1989, World Relief Triad has worked to empower the local Church and engage community partners to welcome refugees, immigrants, and survivors of human trafficking with services and support that restore lives and hope. In a world plagued by persecution, ethnic cleansing, genocide, corruption, poverty, and war, refugees and immigrants are forced to leave homes, possessions, and often loved ones in a desperate effort to live in peace and safety, and to find a place to call home.
This position is responsible for the oversight of the High Point Office ILS Team to ensure quality program and service delivery and compliance with agency, community, and funder standards. This includes staff and intern supervision, grant and budget management, program implementation, interdepartmental collaboration, and coordination of services to foreign nationals.
- Staff Supervision:
- Hire, train, supervise, coach, and evaluate ILS staff
- Lead ILS staff in setting appropriate individual and team goals and objectives
- Provide personal and professional development opportunities and support to program staff
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff and with other program managers to ensure quality, team-based service provision
- Program and Grants Management and Budget Oversight:
- Develop annual goals, projections, and performance standards for program grants, and ensure these are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Plan and manage department budget, reviewing it on at least a quarterly basis with the finance manager and ensuring that expenses do not exceed income
- Provide ILS forecasts to WR staff, community agencies, and grantors on an ongoing basis
- Participate in grant writing for renewal grants and grant acquisition activities for new opportunities
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, and procedures for ILS Team, within the framework of WR High Point strategic goals.
- Provide direct service support, as needed
- Supervision of Client Service Provision:
- Prepare legal immigration applications and materials for clients and ensuring accuracy on the applications
- Determine eligibility of requested service and to inform client of application process, including required records and questions to be answered.
- Ensure that copies of all relevant applications and documents are placed in the client’s file.
- Input case-related information into the client database and prepare case summaries, as needed.
- Distribute promotional materials
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Program Evaluation and Reporting:
- Complete and submit reports to grantors and WR leadership in a timely manner
- Perform monthly quality control tasks to ensure accurate reporting
- Formally and informally solicit client feedback about service provision, including feedback from immigrant community leaders on at least a quarterly basis
- Internal Communication & Collaboration:
- Develop or review client service systems and tools with other team managers
- Communicate regularly with Program Managers and the Office Director. Provide appropriate feedback loop to ILS Team
- Create and implement mission-fulfillment plans with Church and volunteer coordinators
- Participate in conference calls and regular communication with WR’s Home Office
- External Communication:
- Advocate and outreach in the community for WR services and Immigration needs
- Attend all State, Home Office and coalition meetings as appropriate
- Personal Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable people
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of World Relief
- DOJ Accredited or Licensed Attorney
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Immigration Law and Systems
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision, and in collaboration with others
- Bilingual and Previous cross-cultural experience required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, or for more information, click here.