Pro Bono Coordinator (Attorney) - Legal Services Department, Jewish Family Community Services
JFCS is known as a leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Services are provided and referrals are made without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
JFCS Immigration Legal Services department is a dynamic team responsible for representing the most vulnerable immigrants and refugees in our area with dedication, compassion and skill. We are looking to expand our team and hire another experienced immigration attorney to help us serve even more clients than the 1700 we currently serve annually.
- Coordinating the recruitment
- Training and mentoring of pro bono attorney
- Conducting educational and outreach presentations in the community
- Providing direct representation to our clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Executive Office for Immigration Review
- JD and be admitted to the Bar
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are paramount
- At least 3 years’ experience working in immigration law cases including representation of respondents in removal proceedings
- We require all staff to be culturally sensitive
- Experience in family court proceedings with regard to SIJS findings of fact
- Experience working with volunteers is appreciated and preference is given to Spanish speakers
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Immigration Attorney & Pro Bono Coordinator” in the subject line.