Senior Training Associate, New York Immigration Coalition
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy and advocacy organization for nearly 200 groups in New York State. We envision a New York state that is stronger because all people are welcome, treated fairly, and given the chance to pursue their dreams. Our mission is to unite immigrants, members, & allies so all New Yorkers can thrive. We represent the collective interests of New York’s diverse immigrant communities and organizations and devise solutions to advance them; advocate for laws, policies, and programs that lead to justice and opportunity for all immigrant groups; and build the power of immigrants and the organizations that serve them to ensure their sustainability, to improve people’s lives, and to strengthen our state.
Under the direction of the Manager of Immigrant Services Support, Training, the Senior Associate will play a key role in training and supporting NYIC members and partners to better serve their communities. A key responsibility will be to coordinate trainings for the NYIC’s Immigrant Concerns Training Institute. The Senior Associate will also lead the organization’s technical assistance to New York based nonprofits on DOJ Recognition and Accreditation, which allows certain non-lawyers to represent low income community members in immigration matters. The Senior Associate will support a full calendar of continuing legal education (CLE) and other trainings on topics critical to organizations, social service providers, and legal service providers serving immigrant communities. In addition, the Senior Associate will help the NYIC grow our new Salesforce database to track and analyze data.
- Coordinate and provide support for the Immigrant Concerns Training Institute’s programs for immigration lawyers and DOJ accredited representatives, including fulfillment of grant deliverables, budgeting, expense tracking, and reporting
- Lead technical assistance program for organizations seeking DOJ Recognition and Accreditation, including fielding questions from community-based organizations and representing the NYIC on national recognition and accreditation working group
- Support curriculum development for trainings, including design of interactive activities to increase participant engagement
- Maintain and innovate systems to efficiently collect, organize and analyze data relevant to training program and required deliverables using Salesforce
- Gather and analyze feedback to identify training needs of immigrant-serving organizations across New York State
- Administer Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits and ensure compliance with New York CLE Board regulations of accredited providers
- Manage registration of trainings, including vetting of potential participants
- Provide excellent customer service to training participants, including responding to inquiries
- Conduct promotion and outreach for trainings
Ensure space readiness, including managing tech and A/V needs
Delegate administrative tasks to interns and fellows as needed
- 2-3 years of experience supporting trainings; project management; legal services; or in a high-level administrative support role, ideally with an immigrant-serving or social justice organization experience
- Experience interfacing with external stakeholders
- Availability for occasional travel within New York State
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, and manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure
- Must be a team player and able to adapt as necessary to changing circumstances
- Computer fluency, particularly in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, project management software and Salesforce, or other similar CRM tools
- Basic understanding of immigration law and / or familiarity with DOJ Recognition and Accreditation
- Experience working with New York Continuing Legal Education
- Experience managing grants and contracts
- Knowledge of and commitment to social justice and immigrant justice
The salary for this position is $49,000+. In addition to a competitive salary, NYIC offers a full benefit plan, paid time off, commuter benefits and a comprehensive retirement plan.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All emails must have “Senior Associate for Immigrant Services Support, Training” in the subject line.