Immigration & Refugee Case Manager, Catholic Charities West Virginia
Catholic Charities WVa envisions a West Virginia where all people can access the services they need to be happy, healthy, and reach their full potential. Focusing on the reunification of families through immigration, CCWVa provides legal assistance to individuals eligible to apply for immigration benefits. In addition, they handle humanitarian relief in cases involving refugee and asylee benefits. CCWVa offers services for victims of domestic violence, certain other crimes, and human trafficking.
CCWVa is seeking a full-time Immigration and Refugee Case Manager located in Martinsburg, WV. This position is responsible for assisting in the development and provision of services to immigrants and refugees in West Virginia, particularly in the Eastern Panhandle. The person in this position will This position will also provide resettlement services to refugee families resettled throughout the Eastern Region of CCWVa on a regular basis.
- Interview prospective clients about their immigration need
- Prepare immigration cases in family based immigration matters, adjustment of status, Citizenship and Naturalization, VAWA petitions, U visa petitions and other immigration matters
- Refer clients in need of attorney assistance as appropriate.
- Bilingual required (fluent in Spanish and English)
- Previous experience working with immigrant and/or refugee population required
- Previous experience as an OLAP accredited representative preferred (if not currently an OLAP accredited representative, must be accredited within two years of hire date)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of immigration laws, policy, and guidelines
- Prior experience working across cultures, in particular with trauma survivors
- Ability to link clients to existing resources
- Ability and willingness to travel
This position will also provide resettlement services to refugee families resettled throughout the Eastern Region of CCWVa on a regular basis. The salary is $30,000-$32,000 annually.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Elizabeth Ramsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application material can also be delivered to:
Catholic Charities WVa
1116 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Charleston, WV 25301.