Program Coordinator - Pennsylvania Immigrant Family Unity Project, Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center
For immigrants in our community and in detention, the Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center (PIRC) provides a unique combination of immigration legal services, advocacy, and education that provide protections to the most vulnerable immigrants in Pennsylvania. PIRC is an experienced provider of free, accessible, multilingual immigration services that empower, protect, and transform lives.
The PAIFUP Program Coordinator coordinates legal services for immigrants from countries and cultures across the world who are residents of communities within Pennsylvania. The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating legal representation, case management, and data tracking activities for the PAIFUP pilot program. The coordinator will also screen potential program clients and provide liaison functions with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate immigration representation and case management for detained immigrants served through the Pennsylvania Immigrant Family Unity Project (PAIFUP)
- Implement, in coordination with attorneys, systems and infrastructure for project work—timelines and logistics involving case identification, placement, tracking, and resolution
- Respond to all referrals from partner agencies, community-based organizations and immigrant families
- Coordinate with project stakeholders including community-based organizations to identify individuals for inclusion in the PAIFUP pilot
- Conduct preliminary screenings with potential pilot clients in detention at the York County Prison to identify basic eligibility for inclusion in pilot; coordinate with attorneys to schedule legal intakes
- Coordinate regular meetings with attorneys to review case status and next steps for coordinator support
- Ensure all client information is correctly and timely entered into case management systems and databases. Create program reports and/or submit grant information to funder(s) as required
- Assist attorneys with follow-up calls, mailings, and similar case support
- Work closely with Managing Attorney and Executive Director to ensure compliance with the requirements of the project, contracts and grants
- Other tasks as assigned
- Paralegal experience desired
- Fluency in Spanish, both verbal and written, required
- Experience with immigration law, particularly removal defense work, and prior experience working with detained immigrants strongly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Well-organized and able to work well independently and collaboratively under pressure, required
- Strong sense of personal initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks without extensive supervision, required
- Passion for PIRC's mission and demonstrated commitment to immigration issues and public interest law, preferred
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Jessica Snyder, Office
Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to PIRC, Attn: Office Manager, P.O. Box 20339, York PA 17402.