Content Development Coordinator, Signpost (International Rescue Committee)
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global leader in providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, post-conflict development, human rights protection, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and others uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is committed to restoring hope, freedom, dignity, and self-reliance.
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece and is now active in 12 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
COVID-19 Consideration: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the world, this role can be temporarily performed remotely. However, you will be expected to report to the Dallas, Texas office by 2022.
The Content Development Coordinator brings journalistic rigor, social media savvy, and knowledge of content optimization to information products created to help migrant children and youth navigate life in the US, specifically as it relates to the immigration system, but also access to other essential services and integration information. They will have primary responsibility for developing, adapting, and repurposing content as digital, user-friendly information for the Signpost platform and maintaining social media marketing strategies to reach the target audience.
Main responsibilities are organizing and editing information for publication and managing social media posting. They ensure content is accurate, complete, easy to understand, and engaging.
The Content Development Coordinator is also responsible for using our content management system and other tools to usher content from the first draft through editing and translation and ultimately to its final, published form. Additionally, they ensure our photo database, style guide and editorial calendar are up to date.
This position requires a combination of office-based and remote work. It may require occasional domestic travel (up to 10%) as permitted by public health conditions.
- Regularly produce multimedia content for Signpost channels
- Ensure Signpost content is accurate, complete, easy to understand, engaging, and child appropriate.
- Manage Signpost social media accounts.
- Continuously ensure that the Signpost editorial content is up to date.
- Use the CMS, Transifex translation-management software, and other tools to prepare content for publication.
- Define, implement, and monitor digital advertising campaign.
- Continuously monitor web and social media performance indicators, flag criticalities, and propose improvements to the communication and marketing strategy.
- Work with ICT team to resolve technical issues across platforms.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in multimedia journalism, digital communications or relevant field.
- 2-5 years of reporting, writing and editing experience, including for online platforms and social media.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software
- Basic knowledge of video and photo editing. Video and photo production be considered an advantage.
- Good understanding of the digital landscape, social media platforms and what makes digital content work.
- Experience using a CMS.
- Knowledge of immigration and refugee issues; previous work experience in the immigration field desired.
- Ability to work independently with remote management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Spanish required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter here.