Organizer (Intersectional Justice Focus), Alianza Americas
Alianza Americas is a 16 year old network of migrant-led organizations working in the United States and transnationally to create an inclusive, equitable and sustainable way of life for communities across North, Central and South America. Alianza Americas is the only transnational organization rooted in Latino immigrant communities in the United States focused on improving the quality of life of all people in the US-Mexico-Central America migration corridor. Our work brings an important perspective to all areas related to quality of life – economic, racial and social justice, humane migration policies and protection for children and families seeking refuge.
The Membership Organizer’s core focus is to help coordinate and drive intersectional justice campaigns, while engaging and supporting Alianza’s membership. The Membership Organizer will build and strengthen relationships with Alianza Americas grassroots member organizations and leaders around the country, engage Alianza members in organizing and advocacy campaigns, help plan and carry out capacity building activities, and support the organizing team. This position will require knowledge and skills on digital and grassroots organizing strategies. This staff member will be a part of an intentionally intersectional team working across issues and geographies. This position will collaborate with multiple team members, and will report directly to the Associate Director for Network Power.
Grassroots and Digital Organizing
- Work closely with program staff to help coordinate and execute organizing campaigns across issue areas, including, but not limited to: health justice, economic justice, racial justice, innovative practices in democracy, and human rights in migration.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the entire range of priority issues for Alianza Americas as they apply to Latinx immigrant communities in the United States and communities across the Americas.
- Help lead digital and grassroots organizing campaigns as guided by the organizing team.
Coordination, Capacity, and Convening
- Discover and document member capacities and disseminate information on member-led campaigns.
- Support networked campaigns with content information and tools.
- Plan, develop agendas, and facilitate bi-weekly network meetings, working alongside peer program staff.
- Assist in surveying and assessing member skills and existing and emergent needs, to inform and develop capacity-building activities.
- Collaborate to innovate new campaigns that reflect shared values and priorities.
- Highlight member organizations’ work, provide support, and provide rapid response when needed.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft and Google Suite skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated community organizing skills.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, salary requirements, and your resume to email@example.com. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter: 1) Why are you interested in this position; 2) Your approach to organizing and coalition building; 3) Factors you consider when creating new organizing campaigns and strategies. We are currently hiring for several positions, so please put “Membership Organizer” in the subject heading of the email. Questions may also be sent to this email. We will try to respond to questions within 48 hours.