Executive Director, Centro Legal de la Raza
Founded in 1969, Centro Legal de la Raza is a community-based nonprofit legal services organization protecting and advancing the rights of low-income, immigrant, Black, and Latinx communities through legal representation, education, and advocacy. With a current annual operating budget of $13 million and a 100-plus staff, Centro Legal de la Raza ensures access to justice for thousands of individuals throughout Northern and Central California through no-cost quality legal expertise, know-your-rights education and youth development.
Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is seeking an inspiring Executive Director with demonstrated success in team and organization building and a commitment to social justice to support the growth and sustainability of this highly respected organization as it meets the ever-increasing demand for its services.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission, strategic goals, and fund development/financial objectives, helping to maintain Centro Legal’s excellent reputation.
- In addition, the Executive Director leads long-range planning, Board relations, union and employee relations, external relations, and program planning and oversight.
- An inclusive leadership style that endorses collaboration, trust, and open, transparent communication between all stakeholders will be highly valued.
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated excellence in a senior leadership position in a legal services or nonprofit organization that is recognized for its dedication to exemplary service to the community.
- Experience as a practicing attorney in public interest law, public policy, or movement building while helpful, is not required.
- Most importantly, the successful candidate must have a track record of commitment to the work of Centro Legal and be able to draw from their understanding of the organization’s mission and clients to inspire others.
- The successful candidate will articulate and demonstrate a deep commitment to and understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, will possess a high level of cultural competence, effectively incorporating DEI into all aspects of their work, and will work productively across all lines of difference.
How To Apply:
Centro Legal has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the Executive Director search. To view the full position description, please visit www.morrisberger.com. To apply, please submit application, including resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2161.