National Immigration Project, Operations Associate
The National Immigration Project is a national membership organization of lawyers, law
students, legal workers, advocates, and jailhouse lawyers working to defend and extend the
rights of all noncitizens in the United States, regardless of immigration status. We pursue all
forms of legal advocacy on behalf of immigrants and provide technical assistance and support
to legal practitioners, community-based immigrant organizations, and advocates seeking and
working to advance the rights of noncitizens.
The Operations Associate works under the supervision of the Director of Finance &
Operations and with other staff to ensure smooth and efficient operations to advance NIP’s
Finance and Operational Operations
- Provide database/CRM (Neon) management support including but not limited to: managing user setup, profiles, and roles; customization of fields and page layouts, development of automation and workflows; development and maintenance of reporting tools for communications; development, and membership purposes; Input donor and member data updates into CRM; Manage and troubleshoot data cleanup and de-duplication of records in CRM.
- Draft invoices for group memberships and CLE registrations.
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliations and receipts.
- Enter and code invoices in bill.com.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining organization records in Google Drive.
- Schedule, attend, and take minutes of board meetings.
- Oversee resolution of technological and logistical problems, including coordination with IT consultant.
- Liaise with external providers and contractors as needed on office-related issues.
- Manage intake and referrals to attorneys, until such time as a legal assistant or other
legal support staff is hired.
- Trainings and CLEs: Coordinate with program and communications staff to organize and publicize quarterly Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs and other trainings. This can include: applying for CLE accreditation, answering registration questions, coordinating group registration, distributing materials to participants, issuing certificates of participation.
- Annual membership meeting and other convenings: Coordinate event logistics for
virtual or in-person meetings and events.
- Respond to Membership inquiries, and troubleshoot problems.
- Manage listservs including adding and removing listserv members.
- Manage book orders and mailings.
- One (1) to three (3) years of related experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint as well as Google Drive.
- Commitment to NIP’s mission and values.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interest and skill in learning new technologies to facilitate office processes.
- Experience with database management.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references in a single PDF to