Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Network and Systems Administrator
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc. is a non-profit public interest law firm. We provide free legal information, advice and representation to people who are unable to afford a lawyer. The program area includes (13) counties: Broome, Chenango, Cayuga, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Otsego. In addition, our Farmworker Law Project services the entire New York State out of our New Paltz Office.
The Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York (LASMNY), Inc. is actively seeking a Network and Systems Administrator in our IT Department. The position is based in our Utica, New York office and reports to the Executive Director. The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for maximizing the productivity and efficiency of the organization and employees through the implementation and utilization of strategically selected technology and applications. This position is meant to ensure all employees are provided the technological tools beneficial and necessary to provide the highest level of representation and assistance to our clients. The ideal candidate will foster an environment of teamwork through which all employees may advance their technology skills and will provide stable and reliable technological platforms upon which this may be achieved.
- Provide oversight and support of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, implementation, expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the wireless
infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Defines network policies and procedures and prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and site equipment.
- Fully supports, configures, maintains, and upgrades corporate networks and hardware such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Installs and integrates new network and server hardware and applications as needed. Monitors computer networks (availability, utilization, throughput, latency) and systems to improve performance and ensure security.
- Ensures overall network security, connectivity, and business continuity including Backup and Disaster Recovery protocols.
- Manages projects relating to office moves and relocations as they occur. To include but not limited, to ensure new telecom facilities are in place, all data cabling is complete, and equipment closet with rack and patch panels are in place.
- Assembles new systems and prep them for distribution to employees.
- Will be required to comply with Legal Services Corporation (LSC) regulations, LASMNY policies and procedures and grant based reporting requirements. Perform reasonable and related duties as assigned by Executive Director. Travel is required and work hours may vary.
- The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of related work experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field and proven experience in a network and systems administrator role is preferred.
- Hands on experience with networking, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN's, and remote connectivity.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure and servers. Up-to-date knowledge of Network and Cybersecurity standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with SAN devices and virtual machines.
- Ability to set up and configure network telecommunications hardware, servers and server hardware.
- Basic programming (VB/VBA), macro, and script development.
- Access and SQL database structure. Microsoft Exchange Server. Windows operating systems (desktop and server).
- Working knowledge of Cisco telecommunications devices preferred.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and advanced communication skills.
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
How to apply:
We encourage interested qualified applicants to apply for this position by providing a cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information for (3) professional references at jobs@LASMNY.org