Immigration Attorney, Catholic Charities
- Follows through with referrals from parishes and general public as well as refugee resettlement staff and other Catholic Charities programs to provide consultation as requested on immigration legal matters
- Assesses referred cases for appropriate services (or possible referral)
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of family petitions, asylum applications, waivers, VAWA, consular processing, and other applications for immigration relief.
- Implements program’s revenue increase via attorney assisted services program
- Ensures strict adherence to budgetary expectations and program requirements
- Represents clients before USCIS proceedings and EOIR court proceedings;
- Represent Clients in State Court Dependency, Paternity, Custody, or Guardianship Proceedings for Special Immigration Juvenile Status
- Assists Program Administrator in the development and expansion of its immigration services and resources
- Remains current with law, literature and community needs and trends
- Acts as resource person for staff
- Completes required written assignments or reports in a timely basis
- Participates on a CQI team
- Attends agency meetings and staff development programs as required
- Attends training session as determined by the needs outlines in annual evaluation
- Member in good standing of Florida State Bar
- 3 years of experience in immigration law
- Bilingual (English/Spanish and/or English/Creole)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software (especially Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Will adhere to all Catholic Charities and Diocesan policies and Procedures
- Exhibits professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Church teachings
- Florida Driver’s License, excellent driving record and access to vehicle
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample to Timothy Keohane, Esq (Program Director) at tkeohane@ccdpb.