Data Coordinator, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
Founded in 1965 as part of our nation’s War on Poverty, NLSLA is now one of the largest and most prominent public interest law firms in California. NLSLA provides free assistance to more than 150,000 low-income residents of Los Angeles County each year. Its operating budget for 2020 will reach $22 million, with a staff of more than 160, including 80 attorneys.
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Operations and Legal Technology, the Data Coordinator is principally responsible for maintaining and optimizing NLSLA’s data and case management system (CMS), monitoring the integrity of the data, and assisting with data extraction, presentation and analysis. NLSLA utilizes Legal Server, an online CMS, to store information and documents relating to clients, staff, cases, and projects, including case outcomes and advocate time keeping. The Data Coordinator will maintain and optimize the Legal Server CMS to best meet executive, administrative, user, and client-related data needs for both internal management needs, and various grants management and standardized reporting needs. The Data Coordinator will utilize and identify useful Legal Server functionalities, develop dashboards, queries, and other methods to analyze, compile, and present CMS data in readily understandable formats. The Data Coordinator will assist with the unique data collection and analysis of individual grants and programs as needed.
- Manage and assist with the evaluation and analysis of internal data, supplemented with external data, for use in planning, program development and assessment, resource development and other activities.
- Maintain and update Legal Server configuration for purposes of grant and programmatic requirements and implement and educate staff on changes to the system, as needed.
- Assist management with development of policies and/or protocols for data collection and case management system use.
- Provide technical support, configuration, training and assistance to internal Legal Server users.
- Perform regular reviews of internal data integrity for internal and regulatory compliance with funding requirements.
- Develop, prepare and submit grant reports and fulfill data requests from leadership team members and staff as needed.
- Four-year degree required.
- Experience with legal case management system or similar preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse workplace and within a dynamic environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in positions which demonstrated the ability to prioritize work, ableto multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and presentation.
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and the ability to work effectively in highpressure environment in a mission-driven organization.
- Ability to plan and execute training for users in all positions.
- Experience using case management systems in a legal aid or law firm environment preferred.
- Prior experience working with a legal services/aid organization, non-profit or government setting helpful.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.