Language Access Coordinator, Ayuda
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services; education; and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
Ayuda is seeking candidates for the position of Language Access Coordinator. Funding is available for this position through September 30, 2020, with the goal of obtaining additional funding to extend the position. Because of the pandemic, initial onboarding and work will be done remotely. This position is usually located in our K Street office in downtown Washington, DC.
- Manage and respond to emails from interpreters, nonprofits that need language access assistance, vendors, and community members in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and manage interpreter database through regular monitoring, data entry, and processing requests.
- Work with third-party interpretation services to fill interpreter requests when in-person interpreter requests cannot be filled by independent contractors accepting assignments from Ayuda.
- Manage translation requests through vendor(s).
- Manage in-person interpretation requests, including scheduling and assigning the interpreter, troubleshooting, and collecting evaluation materials.
- Monitor the submission of invoices from interpreters. When invoices have not been submitted in a timely fashion, send reminders to interpreters.
- Organize and update online bookkeeping (files, applications, memoranda of understanding, and contracts).
- Conduct research on language access resources.
- Solicit and evaluate feedback regarding program policies and practices from interpreters and service providers.
- Collect necessary paperwork from interpreters and providers (such as memoranda of understanding and independent contractor agreements).
- Assist the Language Access Managers with completing quarterly qualitative and quantitative grant reports.
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of trainings for nonprofits that need language access assistance.
- Assist with the planning and execution of meetings of the Advisory Board for the Language Access Program.
- Generate invoices for paying customers of Ayuda’s interpreter banks.
- Provide general administrative support to the Language Access team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Language Access Director and Language Access Managers.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment • Ability to identify, analyze, and report trends or patters in complex data sets • Experience with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- A demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service while communicating with people from diverse backgrounds in a culturally competent manner
- Interest in, or dedication to, improving access to services for immigrant, limited English proficient, and Deaf communities.
- The following skills and qualities are not required, but make for an especially strong candidate:
- Experience using Salesforce/CRM databases, DocuSign, Bill.com, SurveyMonkey, Facebook, Google Docs, SharePoint, and WordPress
- Prior experience in public speaking or developing presentations for training or teaching purposes Experience working with interpreters
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your materials here.