Content Strategist, Pro Bono Net
Pro Bono Net, a national nonprofit organization using innovative technology to increase legal assistance for underserved communities, seeks a highly qualified candidate to join our team as the New York Programs Content Strategist.
The Content Strategist develops and oversees content strategy, content development, and ongoing content maintenance of assigned digital content assets in various products or channels. The ideal candidate will expertly lead innovative projects for the development of products and services where delivery of content is core functionality. The person in this role conceptualizes, helps define scope and executes plans to present legal information and resources in digital formats (e.g., still image, video, spoken word, text). The Content Strategist adheres to established content standards, policies, processes and workflows and defines new style guidelines as needed.
Further, the Content Strategist will serve as a project manager for special content initiatives, such as creating and testing interactive legal forms and other types of interactive content. The Content Strategist will direct interns, volunteers, and Fellows responsible for identifying key legal issues for a wide variety of individuals, breaking down issues into manageable steps, and assembling those steps into a clear achievable process. Success in this role requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of current SEO strategies, attention to detail, and research skills. Self-direction, creativity, collaboration, and ability to understand and simplify complex information are also needed to succeed in this role.
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for PBN websites, blogs, newsletters, marketing materials, and social media platforms.
- Collaborate with internal departments to achieve project objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems.
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers, interns and Fellows on content projects.
- Provide direction and input to internal digital content creators.
- Translate legal language to plain language across all platforms.
- Use social media to engage various audiences, respond to questions, and to promote company initiatives.
- Suggest new ways to promote company offerings and to reach new audiences and build new partners.
- Meet deadlines as assigned and/or communicate with team members when deadlines require changes.
- Set up and manage goals and tracking within Google Analytics.
- Analyze the results of SEO strategies and content marketing campaigns using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and additional industry tools.
- Monitor social media and company website metrics.Utilize SEO methods to increase site traffic.
- Manage other user research and feedback processes to collect content-related user feedback.
- Track organic keyword rankings.
- Report outcomes and strategy updates to internal and external stakeholders, as defined within the scope of work and project role.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, human-computer interaction design or related field. A portfolio of applicable outputs.
- Familiarity with principles of user experience design and ability to help guide user experience content standards and development.
- Knowledge or experience with content modeling, content auditing, and structuring content for multimodal and omni-channel delivery (e.g., web, social, mobile, print, voice, commercial syndication, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with standards-based content development practices (e.g., SEO), structured-authoring tools, content delivery practices, content metadata, and content translations.
- General knowledge of the legal issues faced by civil legal aid clients and/or experience creating content for historically marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector, public interest, or social justice arena.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, too email@example.com with New York Programs Content Strategist in the subject line.