Webinar Three: All About Public Charge Inadmissibility
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Lawful Permanent Residency
- Public Benefits / Welfare
- Inspection/Admission Issues
* This is the third in a four-part webinar series.
If you find the new public charge rules and forms complicated and confusing, you are not alone. The new U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and Department of State regulations and policy guidance on public charge are both detailed and ambiguous, and the new I-944 and DS-5540 can be hard to navigate. This is on top of the affidavit of support requirements, which have only gotten more onerous. In this four-part webinar series, CLINIC attorneys Susan Schreiber and Charles Wheeler will guide practitioners through the key points in the regulations and agency policy guidance; review best practices in completing the new forms and assembling supporting documents; and discuss strategies for advocating why your client is not likely to become a public charge.
- Preparing a Qualifying Affidavit of Support
- New factors considered by USCIS and DOS
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1.5