Stopping Survivor Removals: Latest Strategies
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: ASISTA
Map:San Diego, CA
- Abused Spouses and Children/VAWA
- T Visas
- U Visas
- Immigration Court
- Legal Motions
Join ASISTA for a one-day training where we will discuss administrative, judicial, and collaborative strategies for protecting immigrant survivors of violence in light of the current administration's war on immigrants. In our highly interactive training, panelists will use case examples to analyze options for responding to RFEs and filing motions and appeals to USCIS in the U, T, and VAWA contexts, explore ideas for presenting effective requests for administrative stays, discuss options for removal proceedings post-Mayen, dissect litigation strategies to protect clients from unlawful agency action, and share real-life examples of how attorneys can partner with allied professionals to better serve immigrant survivors.
- Plan for responding to NTAs issued by VSC against your VAWA, U, and T clients
- Preparing survivor-based arguments for challenging removability, requesting continuances or seeking status for survivors in immigration proceedings
- How to take improperly denied cases to the AAO, the BIA and federal court
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.