Free Naturalization and Citizenship Training
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Mountain Time (US & Canada)
- By: ILRC
Justice for All Center
- Other Immigration
* This is a two-day training (3/17 - 3/18).
This naturalization overview training is FREE for participating staff from nonprofit organizations working on naturalization and citizenship issues and their dedicated volunteer attorneys. All participants will receive a free electronic version of the ILRC’s popular publication, Naturalization and U.S. Citizenship: The Essential Legal Guide, 15th Edition.
- Overview of the legal elements for naturalization
- Red flag issues that can cause an applicant to be denied or deported
- Fee waivers and changing fee waiver policies
- FOIA and other record requests
- Accreditation process and resources
- Non-crime good moral character issues
- Adjudication and how to handle negative discretionary factors
- Naturalization hot topics and practice tips.
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.