Developing and Sustaining an Immigration Program
- 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
- Other Immigration
* This is a two-day event (3/4 - 3/5).
Led by CLINIC staff, this two-day training provides a complete overview of how to start and sustain a nonprofit immigration legal services program. The training is highly interactive. Participants will leave with a plan to create or improve immigration legal services. Attendees will review important lessons from CLINIC’s highly regarded manual, Managing an Immigration Program: Steps for Creating & Increasing Legal Capacity. This manual and curriculum offers detailed information and suggestions for applying for Department of Justice agency recognition and staff accreditation, implementing effective case management systems, fundraising, and scores of other pertinent topics related to managing an immigration program.
- Determining which client cases to accept
- Setting fees to obtain the best support for their program
- Case intake and management strategies
- Avoiding unauthorized practice of law
- Strategies for working with funders
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.