Central American Asylum Cases
Tuesday August 04
- By: American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
With an increased amount of attention on Salvadoran, Guatemalan, and Honduran asylum-seekers at the southern border, Central American asylum cases remain one of the hottest topics in asylum litigation. Our expert panel discusses some of the most common factual scenarios and brainstorms strategies to win.
- Common Factual Scenarios: Domestic Violence and Gender-Based Claims, Gang Resistance, and Whistleblowers
- The Asylum Office: Preparing for Credible Fear, Reasonable Fear, and Unaccompanied Alien Child (UAC) Interviews
- Immigration Court Issues: UAC "Surge" Cases and the "Rocket Docket"
- Creative Strategies for Framing the Claim
- Dree Collopy (dl), AILA Asylum & Refugee Liaison Committee Chair, Washington, DC
- Stephen Manning, AILA Board of Governors, Portland, OR
- Paul S. Zoltan, Dallas, TX
Cost and Registration:
Register at http://agora.aila.org/Conference/Detail/1071.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who register for and dial in to the seminar only. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the seminar and use your own telephone line to participate in the call. Therefore, persons who listen in on the call as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.