DHS New Policy for Venezuelans
- Organization: Department of Homeland Security
- Document Type: Policies
- Date Created: Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Attachment(s): LINK
To be eligible, Venezuelans must:
- have a supporter in the United States who will provide financial and other support;
- pass rigorous biometric and biographic national security and public safety screening and vetting; and
- complete vaccinations and other public health requirements.
Venezuelans are ineligible if they:
- have been ordered removed from the United States in the previous five years;
- have crossed without authorization between ports of entry after the date of announcement;
- have irregularly entered Mexico or Panama after the date of announcement, or are a permanent resident or dual national of any country other than Venezuela, or currently hold refugee status in any country; or
- have not completed vaccinations and other public health requirements.