TPS Travel Authorization

  • Organization: USCIS
  • Document Type: Policies
  • Date Created: Friday, September 23, 2022
  • Attachment(s): LINK

"Beginning July 1, 2022, USCIS will issue a new travel authorization document to Temporary Protected Status (TPS) beneficiaries: Form I-512T, Authorization for Travel by a Noncitizen to the United States. USCIS will no longer issue advance parole documents as evidence of  prior consent to a TPS beneficiary‚Äôs travel outside the United States.

If you are a TPS beneficiary with an existing, unexpired advance parole document, you may continue to use it for travel outside the United States through the period of validity printed on it. If you are a TPS beneficiary applying for a new travel authorization document, you should continue to use Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. If you have a pending Form I-131, you do not need to file a new application.

USCIS will continue issuing advance parole documents to noncitizens with pending applications for TPS (Form I-821)."

  • Travel
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)