Sanchez v. Mayorkas (US Supreme Court, June 7, 2021)
- Organization: US Supreme Court
- Document Type: Case law/admin decisions
- Date Created: Monday, June 07, 2021
- Attachment(s): LINK
Syllabus: "A TPS recipient who entered the United States unlawfully is not eligible under §1255 for LPR status merely by dint of his TPS. Section 1255 provides that eligibility for LPR status generally requires an “admission” into the country— defined to mean “the lawful entry of the alien into the United States after inspection and authorization by an immigration officer.” §1101(a)(13)(A)."
- Inspection/Admission Issues
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)