Public Charge Exemptions and Considerations
- Organization: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Document Type: Program materials
- Date Created: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Attachment(s): PDF
This advisory provides an overview of the exemptions to public charge inadmissibility and the forms of relief a client may seek without being subject to a public charge test. It also discusses public charge issues to keep in mind when advising immigrants who may be considering adjustment of status or consular processing through a family or employer petition after having a status that is not subject to public charge inadmissibility.
- Public Benefits / Welfare
- Inspection/Admission Issues