DACA and TPS Under Attack: Using Employment-Based Strategies to Obtain a More Secure Status
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online.
- Political asylum
In the wake of the Trump administration’s attempts to restrict and rescind Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and to end Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for certain designated countries, it is important to examine possible family– and employment-based pathways to remain in the United States. The panelists will focus on how to help employers evaluate and develop strategies to sponsor foreign national employees who have a non-traditional status and/or other immigration issues. They also will provide an overview of waivers of inadmissibility that might be available to the foreign national.
- Current Status of Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) Under DACA, TPS, Deferred Action, Asylum, and Other EADs
- Dual Representation and Working with the Employee’s Personal Attorney
- Evaluating the Feasibility and Logistics of Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visa Options
- Identifying Grounds and Waivers of Inadmissibility in the Employment-Based Context
- Evaluating Eligibility for Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing
To register or for more information, click here.