Crafting a Winning Particular Social Group for an Asylum Case
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online.
- Immigration Court
- Political asylum
After recent interpretations by the attorney general and the BIA narrowing the scope of "particular social groups" (PSGs), practitioners have been left wondering how to craft a social group definition that will pass scrutiny. What is working, what is not working, and what are the alternatives? Our panel of experts will address practical tips regarding crafting PSGs. They also will examine the current state of the law after some federal courts have started pushing back.
- How Should I Frame the PSG? How Many PSGs Should I Present for My Client?
- How to Show "Social Distinction"
- How to Craft Non-Family PSGs
- Recent PSG Decisions in Federal Court
- How to Distinguish Your Case and Use Legal Authority to Create a Successful PSG
- The Impact of COVID-19 on PSG Cases
To register for this event or for more information, click here.