Emerging Public Charge Issues Related to COVID-19
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
This event takes place online.
- Public Benefits / Welfare
- Immigration Policy
- Other Immigration
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, federal, state, and local governments are creating relief programs to provide services and resources to community members facing health and financial challenges. However, due in part to the overlapping timeline of coronavirus and the implementation of new public charge rules, many immigrant community members are fearful of utilizing available relief programs.
Note: this will be a Calfornia-focused webinar.
- Brief overview of public charge
- Policy updates on public charge topics
- Emerging public charge issues related to COVID-19
- Overview of relief programs
- How relief programs could trigger public charge consequences
- How to distinguish benefit programs that immigrants might access because of financial hardship from COVID-19
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.