Webinar One: Selected Issues in Inadmissibility
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Inspection/Admission Issues
* This is the first in a four-part series (3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27).
This four-part webinar series provides an in-depth examination of some of the most common grounds of inadmissibility. Presenters define the following grounds: fraud and false claims to citizenship, smuggling, unlawful presence and other immigration violations, crimes, health-based grounds, public charge and national security. In analyzing how these grounds are defined and interpreted, presenters will review when clients might fall into a statutory exception and when a particular inadmissibility ground can be waived. This webinar is titled "Understanding Misrepresentation, False Claims to U.S. Citizenship and Smuggling."
- INA § 212(a)(6) grounds of inadmissibility
- Types of conduct that may constitute fraud or willful misrepresentation
- When a client may have made a false claim to U.S. citizenship
- Smuggling ground of inadmissibility and its broad application
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.