Public Charge Training of Trainers
- 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: NYIC
NYIC Main Offices
- Public Benefits / Welfare
- Immigration Policy
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is offering a unique training opportunity for community based organizations to have their staff trained to become resident experts on public charge. The NYIC Public Charge Training of Trainers program will equip frontline staff members with the correct information about public charge, who it applies to and when, and who it does not affect. The program is geared towards non-legal staff who interact with community members who may be fearful of using public benefits or healthcare for which they are legally eligible, because of public charge concerns.
- Training colleagues and volunteers on public charge
- Screening community members considering public charge
- Incorporating public charge information into education efforts
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.