Understanding Trauma, Vicarious Trauma, and Self Care
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society
- T Visas
- U Visas
- Other Immigration
* There will be a live webinar broadcast of this event.
This training will cover the topics of trauma, vicarious trauma, and self-care. Participants will understand how trauma impacts the individual and some basic strategies that may help legal service providers best engage with someone who has experienced trauma. Then the topic of vicarious trauma will be explored. Participants will understand warning signs of vicarious trauma and how it is similar and different to burnout. Lastly, participants will learn key concepts regarding self-care and develop individualized plans to address their personal self-care needs.
- Strategies for providing services to clients who have experienced trauma
- Identifying what vicarious trauma is and how it might impact a service provider
- Tools for coping with and addressing trauma and vicarious trauma
To register for this event, click here.