After TPS Ends: Strategies to Keep Beneficiaries in the United States
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
While Temporary Protected Status (TPS) is set to end for several nationalities and federal court litigation is ongoing, many clients are wondering what their status will be and whether they are eligible to change, extend, or adjust to another nonimmigrant status or to permanent residence. The panel of experts in this training will help navigate through the sea of possibilities and challenges for TPS beneficiaries, including complexities such as travel and re-entry with advance parole, final orders of removal, and administratively closed removal proceedings.
- Options available for TPS clients who have a final order of removal
- Re-entry on advance parole affect a TPS beneficiary’s ability
- Adjusting one's status under INA §245(a)
- Limitations on adjustment of status under INA §245(c) and INA §245(k)
- Jurisdiction if the client is in administratively closed removal proceedings
- Filing for asylum
- Extend a previously held nonimmigrant visa status
To register for this event, or for more in formation, click here.