Stopping Survivor Removals: Latest Strategies
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: LAFLA
LAFLA, Ron Olsen Justice Center
- Abused Spouses and Children/VAWA
- Political asylum
Join the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) and the Los Angeles VAWA Committee to discuss best strategies for stopping crime survivor removals in light of recent and constant policy changes undermining protections against deportation of crime survivors. This day-long training features ASISTA's own Gail Pendleton and Amy Cheung, as well as local experts, and will address relevant best practices.
- Avoiding and challenging administrative denials, including NTAs and fee waiver denials
- Representing survivors in proceedings, including Sanchez-Sosa continuances for U applicants and Motions to Reopen
- Drafting administrative stay requests for survivors at imminent risk of removal
- Learning how to litigate survivor cases in federal court to stop individual survivor deportations and challenge policies dismantling survivor protections
To register for this event, or for more in formation, click here.