Module One: TGNC Cultural Competency for Immigration Practitioners
- 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: NYLSP
Arnold & Porter
- LGBT Issues
*This is the first in a three-part training series (12/10, 1/14, 2/18).
This free three-part series, "Working with TGNC Immigrants: A Guide for Legal Practitioners," is geared toward familiarizing legal practitioners with best practices for representing transgender and gender non-conforming immigrants.
*TGNC = transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary
- Overview of LGBTQ and TGNC cultural competency
- Language around gender expression and identity
- Practice pointers on asking questions around sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Best practices for working with TGNC immigrants around questions of gender identity and expression
- Suggests best practices on specific techniques for working with TGNC immigrants who may have experienced severe and prolonged trauma
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.