Hot Topics in U Visas: Overcoming the Latest Barriers to U Status
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AISISTA
This event takes place online
- U Visas
In this webinar, ASISTA Executive Director Gail Pendleton and ASISTA Senior Legal Counsel Laura Flores Bachman will discuss best practices and strategies for grappling with the challenges that standing and new legislation and policy present to those seeking U Visas.
- How to address ongoing policy/practice changes causing U visa delays and denials
- Fee waiver denials
- U adjustment denials for acts waived at the U phase
- Disappearing RFEs
- Improvidently issued NTAs
- Best practices for framing qualifying crimes
- Inadmissibility waiver arguments
- New strategies for preventing U applicants deportation while awaiting USCIS' decisions on their cases (stays, mandamus and Sanchez-Sosa continuances)
To register for this webinar, or for more information, click here.