How to Succeed with a Family-Based Asylum Claim in the Aftermath of Matter of L-E-A-
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: AILA
This event takes place online
- Social Group
Earlier this summer, U.S. Attorney General (AG) William Barr issued a decision in Matter of L–E–A– addressing the question of whether persecution based on family ties qualifies as grounds for asylum. While the AG’s decision is disappointing, it does not bar all family-based particular social group (PSG) claims for asylum. Our expert faculty will break down the AG’s decision and provide tips on how to respond to Matter of L–E–A– in your asylum cases.
- How Much Did the AG’s Decision Change the Policy? An Overview of the Family-Based PSG Analysis Post-L–E–A–
- Formulating a Successful Family-Based PSG Based on the AG’s Decision
- Proving a Family's Social Visibility Through Witness Testimony and Documentary Evidence
- What Have the U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals Said? Existing Precedent Addressing Family-Based PSGs, Current Efforts to Challenge L–E–A–
To register for this event, or for more information, click here.