Webinar Three: Overview of Immigration Consequences of Crimes
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Immigration and Crimes
- Waiver of Inadmissibility/Deportation/Removal
- Consequence of Criminal Conviction
- Immigration Court
*This is the first in a four-part series (11/4, 11/11, 11/18, and 11/25).
In webinar three, the trainers will discuss the “categorical approach,” which describes the analytical steps to follow to determine if a crime triggers inadmissibility or deportability. The trainers will also discuss the research required to determine the classification of a crime as a felony or misdemeanor and to identify the potential penalty that may be imposed based on the crime classification.
- Standards for inadmissibility
- Taking a categorical approach to analyzing cases
To register for this event, or for more information on this series, click here.