Webinar One: Understanding and Preparing Inadmissibility Waivers
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Waiver of Inadmissibility/Deportation/Removal
- Immigration Court
* This is the first in a four-part series (10/22, 10/29, 11/5).
Waivers of the grounds of inadmissibility are an essential part of immigration practice. This four-part webinar series will present information on both the theory and practice of developing successful waiver applications. Participants will learn what the legal standards of extreme hardship are, how to create a theory of the case, how to marshal the facts and what kinds of supporting documentation to submit. The presenters will include detailed information on the provisional waiver program and the agency guidance on extreme hardship. By the end of the series, participants will be better able to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of specific cases and advise clients on their chances for success.
- Overview of the Grounds for Inadmissibility
- The legal standard for "extreme hardship" and the discretion exercised by judges
- Best practices for working with clients
- Strategies for building strong cases
- The I-601A provisional waiver program
To register for this event, or for more information on this series, click here.