Webinar Series: Representing Asylum Seekers
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online.
- Convention Against Torture (CAT)
- Abused Spouses and Children/VAWA
- Asylum Procedure
- LGBT Issues
- Immigration Court
This is the first in a four-part webinar series (10/11, 18, 25, and 11/1).
In this webinar, the presenters will focus on the basics of asylum, discussing concepts such as past persecution and well-founded fear, the five protected grounds and the establishment of a nexus to these grounds, and humanitarian asylum. The trainers will also discuss important recent case law, such as Matter of A-B- and Matter of L-E-A-, and their potential effect on establishing asylum eligibility.
- Concept of persecution and fear in immigration proceedings
- Establishing reasonable fear
- Humanitarian asylum
- The five protected ground for asylum relief
To register for this event, or for more information on this series, please click here.