Representing Children In Immigration Matters 2019: Effective Advocacy and Best Practices
- 1:30 PM - 5:15 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
- Immigrant Children
- Immigration Court
Attorneys and other advocates who represent children in immigration matters will learn about recent developments in law and policy with regard to important protections available to immigrant children, including Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) and asylum. Experienced faculty will examine problem-solving strategies for addressing common issues that arise in children's cases. This program will offer more advanced strategies for anyone currently representing immigrant children, as well as provide a foundation for those newer to the practice area.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS): problem-solving and special issues
- Elements for building a successful asylum case on behalf of a child
- Navigating removal proceedings while relief is pending
To register for this event, please click here.