Developing a Trauma-Informed Consciousness for Legal Practitioners
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event takes place online
- Administrative Relief
Many immigration practitioners represent clients who have suffered some type of severe and/or repeated trauma. Understanding how trauma impacts both clients and legal practitioners is critical in providing services to those in need. This training is highly interactive and will provide practical tools for practitioners working with and around trauma. Participants will leave with a plan to create or improve immigration legal services, as well as effectively develop trust in representative-client relationships.
- How to understand and work with survivors of trauma
- Coping and taking care of ourselves in the process
- Learn the basics of trauma research
- How to provide trauma-informed lawyering
- How to build a trusting and effective representative-client relationship.
A recorded version of this webinar will be posted on our website.
To register for this webinar, please click here.