2019 Immigrant Student Success
- 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: The Immigration Learning Center
This event takes place onlineMap:Webinar, NY
- Immigrant Children
Immigration is a contentious topic in and out of the classroom. How do we create classrooms where all students feel welcome and prepared to succeed? Learn the latest resources, tools and techniques for addressing the current challenges and opportunities of teaching immigrant students in the online workshop 2019 Immigrant Student Success: Models and Tools for K-12 and Adult Educators. Register now for this free, interactive, online workshop on July 9 and 10 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM EDT hosted by The Immigrant Learning Center's Public Education Institute.
Topics: Learn how to....
- Integrate immigration into your courses
- Self-reflect and build relationships with and among students
- Contextualize immigration stories of both foreign- and U.S.-born students
- Empower immigrant students and their families
- Create more welcoming classrooms, and more
- Speakers come from Welcoming America, Re-Imagining Migration, the Anti-Defamation League and more.
This free online workshop is for teachers, librarians, administrators, volunteers, community leaders and others interested in bringing immigration into the classroom.
To register click here