Hot Topics and Red Flags in Naturalization
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services
This event will take place online.
Are you finding it hard to make sense of the media cycle? Not sure how to support naturalization applicants considering all the policy updates you hear day-to-day? Join us for a webinar in which we will discuss current hot topics and red flags in the naturalization process. We will discuss marijuana use, proposed changes to the “public charge” rules and fee waivers. Importantly, we will discuss what information you can provide without giving legal advice.
This webinar will be of interest to: Anyone who wants to help immigrants become U.S. citizens and promote the role of our libraries as a hub for civic engagement.
- Get an overview of hot topics and red flags in naturalization
- Understand proposed changes to public charge and fee waiver rules, as well as policies on marijuana use
- Learn ways to guide and assist library members given the legal complexity of these issues
To register for this event, please click here.