Starting an Immigration Legal Services Program
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- By: New York Immigration Coalition
Albany Law SchoolMap:Albany, NY
- Other Immigration
The demand for immigration legal services in New York State far surpasses the supply. The New York Immigration Coalition is offering a new training geared towards non-profit organizations that are considering starting an immigration legal services program. This training is limited to staff and volunteers with New York State-based nonprofit organizations.
- Fundamentals of immigration law and the various types of applications and services most needed by low-income immigrant New Yorkers
- The current climate and considerations in immigration adjudications and enforcement
- Staffing an immigration legal services program, specifically through DOJ Recognition and Accreditation
- Setting up an immigration legal services program
- Ethical considerations for immigration legal service providers
To register for this event, please click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: Approximately 3.5 credits in Areas of Professional Practice, 1.5 credits in Law Practice Management, and 1.0 credit in Ethics. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.