Comprehensive Overview of Immigration Law
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: CLINIC
This event will take place online.
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Post-Asylum Issues
- Deferred Action
- Political asylum
- Withholding of Removal
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
The course opens on Jan. 15 with access to the e-learning website. Each week, participants will have two units to complete that focus on separate themes. All 12 units consist of a live webinar and a set of self-directed activities, which include readings, exercises and a quiz. The webinars will be recorded, allowing students the flexibility to work the sessions into their busy schedules. The course is interactive, with opportunities for online and real-time discussion among students, and between students and instructors. The course concludes with an open-book final exam that students have three weeks to complete.
This course is appropriate for the aspiring or new practitioner who is prepared to make the time commitment needed to fully participate in this course and complete its requirements.
- Introduction to Legal Skills and DOJ Accreditation
- Overview of Interviewing and Legal Authority
- Review of Selected Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Introduction to Family-Based Immigration
- Issues Affecting Family-Based Immigration
- Adjustmentof Status
- Consular Processing
- Removal Proceedings: Immigrating Through Employment
- Humanitarian Relief (VAWA, TPS, SIJS, Asylum, DACA)
- Citizenship and Naturalization
- Ethics of Immigration Law
To register for this event, please click here.