Police-ICE Collusion: Essential Knowledge and Interventions
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- By: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
This event will take place online.
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center continues with its fall webinar series to train organizers and advocates on fighting ICE enforcement in their communities. This webinar will explore in detail how ICE operates and how local law enforcement agencies are really involved, so communities can demand strategic reforms. SComm is not the only way ICE gets information from localities, the Criminal Alien Program and 287(g) are also big players, as well as ICE’s broad access to various law enforcement databases. In order to fight deportations, advocates and organizers need to get a hands-on, granular pictures of how ICE is operating.
- Local enforcement agencies' relationships with ICE
- What access ICE has to county jails
- How local police and sheriffs respond to various ICE requests
- Policy arguments for getting local governments to stop doing ICE’s bidding
To register for this event, please click here.