Before You File for Naturalization: Examining Your Client’s LPR Status
Tuesday October 02
- By: CLINIC
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event will take place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
Before filing that N-400 form, make sure you take a close look at your client’s underlying lawful permanent resident status. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will certainly do so at the time of the interview and that’s not when you want to find out that:
- Your client had undisclosed grounds of inadmissibility at the time of adjustment or consular processing,
- Your client adjusted status, but wasn’t eligible to do so, or
- Your client was no longer eligible for his or her family-based category of immigration at the time of becoming an LPR
How can you effectively screen your LPR clients to make sure they are not exposed to potential loss of LPR status because of a defect in the underlying residency?
In this webinar, CLINIC attorneys Susan Schreiber and Charles Wheeler will review the common issues of concern relating to the validity of your client’s residency status, and the remedies that may be available to address this situation.
- Best screening practices for LPR clients
- Common issues of concern relating to validity of client's residency status
To register for this event, please click here.